If you’re computing in the cloud, or about to start your journey to the cloud, our team can help you in a number of ways as much, or as little as you need.
If you need help getting started, expanding, looking to migrate, need someone to take care of your cloud automation, a team to maintain your systems when your project has launched, some extra hands to meet a deadline, wondering how you might be able to optimise your costs, save time, or perhaps you’d like some cloud training for your team. Give us a call on 03300 577 156 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll see how we can help.
- Cloud Optimisation
- 24/7 Support
- AWS & GCP
- Docker / Kubernetes
How can we help?
Our team work with a variety organisations at different stages of their journey and in different industries. Below we have outlined some examples of how we may be able to help a new company, although can apply to any size of organisation.
There’s a big difference between cloud computing and infrastructure in the cloud.
It is relatively easy to host an application in the cloud, or migrate your on premise servers to the cloud – it can be much like any traditional dedicated server provider. However, simply having your application in the cloud does not necessarily mean you are realising the benefits of cloud computing.
The cost of infrastructure in the cloud will significantly outweigh the cost of cloud computing.
There are three main players in the cloud computing world – Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, and Microsoft Azure. Here at Imagicloud we use AWS and GCP for our customers, both of whom have a comprehensive offerings.
The reasons to use one over another differ from organisation to organisation and project to project with considerations such as cost, data storage locations, competition, regulation, features, functionality, current in house skill sets, market skill availability all being important influencing factors. It is of course also possible to not choose one, but use both providing the ultimate high availability.
Our team have experience with both and can help you decide which will be best for you.
- If you’re in the early stages of your company and your developers are new to cloud computing or perhaps would like some advice before starting, a Cloud 101 session can ensure your team have the knowledge they need before they start development work to ensure it will fit nicely in the cloud and that they know about any tools and best practices that might make things easier.
- We can discuss the various deployment options such as serverless, containers (Docker & Amazon ECS / Kubernetes / GKS / Amazon ) and virtual machines (Amazon EC2 / Google Compute).
- Perhaps you’d prefer not to think about your cloud infrastructure but need a development environment online to begin testing, we can either provide a base structure for you to work from with documentation, or work with you to get your application deployed in the cloud. We can also provide the essentials such as VPN access, Gitlab and Jenkins.
- If you have a small team but require 24/7 support, we can help increase your numbers and give your team a break taking on support.
We are strong believers in automation which is unsurprising as automation is fundamental to achieving the greatest benefits cloud computing has to offer.
There are a variety of tools available to achieve a fully automated cloud infrastructures, you can automate everything from creating your Virtual Private Cloud, to defining your CDN’s and load balancers, to deploying your application and database servers.
Getting started can be tricky, most modern automation tools are relatively straightforward to use and understand, but there are a number of ways that each tool can be used, a number of ways they can interact with each other, and a number of ways they can be configured… knowing the right way when you’re first getting started can be tricky. Our team have performed countless cloud deployments and each of us have achieved the same thing in a number of different ways – our collective experience allows us to establish the best way forward for each new client we help.
We can help you define your base structure, provide a base structure to work from, or we can take care of everything for you allowing your developers to focus on the software.
If you’re looking to move from on premise to cloud, from your data centre to the cloud, or even from cloud to cloud.
We can either help you wherever you need, or handle everything for you, we can:
- form a plan
- prepare your target environments
- establish connectivity
- implement any temporary infrastructure that may be necessary
- prepare your data for migration
- migrate your data
We take an agile approach to migration wherever possible. There are great risks associated with “big bang” migrations where all services are provisioned in the target environment and then all services switch from the source to the target at the same time. By taking an agile approach we can carefully manage moving from the source to the target.
- Experiencing rapid growth and need a hand ensuring your product can perform? We can help ensure your platform has the necessary tools and auto scaling in place to allow your application to grow with your business.
- Through use of performance test tools we can give you the information you need to ensure every aspect of your solution will function as expected under stress.
- If you already have the skills you need in house but need a hand getting everything delivered in time? We could provide some extra pairs of hands to join your existing team.
- With expansion more fine grained security may be necessary if it has not already been implemented, we can help with this.
- We can shadow your development process and be ready to hit the ground running should you find yourself in a position needing support.
We can help you configure monitoring for your platform which will enable you to understand exactly what went wrong, and why.
We can also provide assistance in configuring automated resolutions in response to events detected by monitoring tools, or indeed we can respond to alerts generated by your monitoring tools with our 24/7 support team.
Could your application be more efficient? Could it be more resilient? Could it cost less to run? Could your deployment methods be improved?
We can review your entire cloud deployment and suggest ways in which it could be improved for cloud, or confirm that your team have indeed, nailed it.
It may be a good time to start thinking about making part of your application serverless.
We can help produce self healing scripts which automatically respond to monitoring alerts, or we could help introduce blue / green deployments to give greater confidence deploying software updates.
Perhaps a new client has requested that you have automatic region or platform failovers in place, we can help you achieve both region and platform failover.
When taking your business from a small team to something bigger, security will most likely be more of a concern. We can help you develop comprehensive Identity management policies ensuring that people can only access to what they need.
We can also define your security group rules and ACL’s or perform full reviews and suggest improvements, we have security experts who can help you understand the risks and suggest improvements, and we can put you in touch with certified security practitioners.