Call: 03300 577156
Imagicloud is an exciting tech startup based in Swansea experiencing rapid growth working with a number of clients and partners internationally in a variety of industries.
As a company we offer cloud services such as automation, architecture and disaster recovery as well as developing our own in-house cloud based software products including SU Cloud, Security Industry Cloud, SI Jobs, AniCloud.
Permanent – Full Time
Unknown at present due to current world events.
£21,000, all new members joining our team must complete a 3 month probationary period at £19,000.
- Flexible working hours
- Vibrant office environment
- Some remote work available
- Duvet / Hangover Days
- Regular team outings
Swansea, however whilst social distancing measures are in place the role will be remote. Longer term you will be expected to work in our offices in both Brynmill and Penllergaer, you may also be required to work at on site with our client – your expenses are paid for.
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic and have a can-do attitude and not afraid of learning new skills. You should be creative, compassionate and willing to go the extra mile when necessary and bring something unique to our team.
You do not require a relevant degree to apply, if you are technically minded, interested in technology, and have the necessary essential skills, you are more than welcome to apply.
- Familiar with at least one programming language.
- Basic linux command line skills.
- Ability to self learn.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Excellent communication skills.
Desirable Skills / What you may use
- Programming Languages – PHP, Python, C, NodeJS, Java
- Operating Systems – Linux (CentOS/RedHat), Windows Server
- Cloud Platforms – Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Automation Tools – Ansible, Terraform, Packer, Jenkins
- Containers – Docker / Kubernetes
- Other – Nginx, Apache, Grafana, Prometheus, Elastic Search,
- Databases – MariaDB/MySQL, PostgreSQL, MSSQL, Memcache, Redis, DynamoDB, MongoDB etc
- Big Data – Elastic Search
- Networking Knowledge
- Full UK/EU Drivers Licence
You will join our cloud infrastructure team as a graduate cloud engineer. You will work with our clients delivering solutions and be set a number of challenges throughout your employment designed to enhance your knowledge and you will be encouraged to think and learn independently.
You will work on both internal projects as well as delivering work for our clients using tools such as Ansible and Packer which we use to configure software, cloud servers, networks and to generate images. Whilst using these configuration tools you will be exposed to a number of software packages such as web servers including Nginx, HaProxy and Apache, database servers such as MariaDB, DynamoDB and Redis and many more tools and applications.
For cloud automation and configuration we primarily use Terraform, however we do sometimes use AWS Cloud Formation and Stack Driver.
Whilst working with clients you may on occasion be required to work on site, all expenses will be paid for should the need arise. You may also be required to join our 24/7 first line support rota providing support to our clients.
If you are interested you are welcome to complete our technical competency test and initial telephone conversation now, however it is unclear at present when the position will become available. Although technically possible to join our team remotely, we would prefer to welcome you in person.
- The first stage of interview will be a telephone interview, or, if you are local to Swansea, it will be an in person quick chat to get to know a little more about you, your experience and for you to ask some initial questions before progressing to stage 2.
- The second stage will be a personality test which will be conducted in your own time, it is not possible to fail this test, it simply provides an indication of what you may bring to our team on a personal level.
- The third stage will be a technical competency test where we will set you an achievable, technical challenge during which you may need to learn a new skill independently, we will however provide enough information for you to get started.
- Upon successful completion of your technical competency test you will be invited for an in person interview, it will be informal and there is no need to prepare, we are not interested in the skills you currently have, we are interested in the skills you could have and so during the interview we will establish your current skill level and see how you approach problems in person, we are not concerned if you successfully complete the challenge, we are more interested in how you approach the challenge.
If you have any questions or would like to apply for this position please email your CV & Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you if we would like to invite you to interview. Please don’t worry too much about traditions or job history, feel free to be creative and represent yourself as you see best, we believe in people, not job titles.